stories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shanes story

Go down

shanes story Empty shanes story

Post  Admin Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm

School of war

It was a quite day in Marshville a little town where everyone knew everyone and there was nothing to the unseen eye and there was a child, he was only about 10 years old a care free age where there were not a care in the world but little did he know that the events that were about to unfold were going to change his life forever.

As he was walking home after a day of running down to the old farm house and playing with the old equipment, then he remembered what his mother had asked of him “son please can you remember to pick up a loaf of bread on your way home tonight we are running low” which was a good time to remember it because at that very moment he was passing a bakery.

As he was entering the store he noticed that they were having a sale on day old loafs of bread as they usually do, as he was walking down the isles he would run his hand across the straw as he would usually do but this time he had noticed a sensation coming from the bottom of his palm taking no notice of it because he had to get home quickly because his parents were probably wondering were he was, little to his knowledge did he see the store owner ran up to him with a blanket at that moment did he pay attention that he had set alight to the straw that he had walked past.

After that incident these strange powers had become strange and new to him and there were strange symbols that showed up on his chest but he liked it, this surge of power made him feel superior to all the other people that surrounded him and he like it.

after a year of learn what his strengths are he had decided that he would leave home and make his way learning off the land but a day before he was going to tell his parents that he was leaving he was intercepted by a stranger on one of his curious walks down into the nearby forest to see what his limits on his powers were, he would usually spend hours there but today he had found nothing new so he decided to go home and spend the rest of the evening there.

As he was walking home this strange man had intercepted him “Marcus” says the stranger “how do you know my name” says the young one with interest “I know a lot about you, I’ve been watching you, where you go, what you do, everything and have come to tell you that the school of war craft and wizardry has invited you to study and train there we will give you 1 day to decide and discuss it with your family no more discussion” says the stranger more forcefully.

As Marcus arrived home he was welcomed by the unpleasant sounds of his baby brother crying while his mother slept on the couch beside the cradle, as Marcus walked over to the cradle to see what was wrong he noticed that there was an open letter on the table in the kitchen with the words school of war craft and wizardry on it and instantly he thought what his parents are going to say when they found out that he had this strange gift that had been bestowed upon him.

After changing the baby and grabbing something to eat his mother had arisen from her deep sleep on the lime couch that did not match any of the other furniture in the house. “so Marcus are you really gifted enough to be an applicant in this school, they say its only for people with special abilities, do you know what that is about?” says his mother curiously “a moment after she had said that Marcus had made a shushing sound and stepped back , after taking a few paces away from his mother he took a few moments to relax then violently clapped his hands, sparks were flying out everywhere things were catching on fire and Marcus’s mother starts to scream, she runs for the blanket but Marcus shouts “stop and look” he closes his eyes and opens his palms and all the fire in the room congregates into his palm’s and everything is unharmed and there is the blue ball of fire floating in the middle of his palm, “its beautiful” says Marcus’s mother out of breath from all the screaming, well I guess your off to that school and that’s that.

During that night Marcus couldn’t sleep he was to anxious to go to the middle of town and see that strange man that he was talking to early that day, after sitting in his bedroom with his suitcase already packed he finally fell asleep. The next morning he had woken up by the baby but today he didn’t care. After having a light breakfast he strolled down to central square and to his surprise the stranger was waiting there even tho he was 2 hours early, “you all ready and packed to leave” said the stranger politely “we just have to get my things from my house and we can leave” said Marcus “your things have already been collected and already on there way to your dorm” said the stranger “well can I at least say goodbye to my mother and my brother before I leave” said Marcus “Sure” said the stranger.

As Marcus rushed down the alleyways to his house he had wondered why he was the one that was chosen for this gift but he didn’t care all he thought was that he was given this gift which meant that he was meant to have it for the future. when he got home he was overcome by the site of his whole street burnt to the ground, he rushes over to the nearest person “what happened here” shouted Marcus “black mages ran though here and burnt it all to the ground, Marcus drops to the ground and a tear drops to the ground and bursts into flames before it hits the ground the stands up and screams and falls over.

After the horrific event of his family’s timely death he had been knocked out for several days when he was awoken by 4 girls all standing around him and a rather old man with a long beard standing at the end of the bed, “Marcus are you ok, how are you feeling?” said the headmaster “Im fine but w-w-w-what happened? Where am I” says Marcus “you at our school, you were brought here when swiller found you lying unconscious in the middle of the street” said the headmaster “it was no trouble at all really, well the nurse says you better get some rest so well clear out and give you some peace”.

After a few days of resting Marcus was inspected by some tall guys in robes where they looked at the marks on his shoulders, then they discussed for a little while and then said fire temple and then the school co-ordinator had shown him to his room in the fire temple in the temple centre of the school. He could see the other temples that surrounded him but there names were inscribed in another language that he couldn’t read so he turned away, then he thought he heard something and turn around and the temple names were changing into the English name of the temple, first it was the fire temple, then the water temple, then the air temple and finally the earth temple.

Marcus thought it felt abit weird being around all these other wizards but he knew that he would grow to live with it. Today was the first of many when he would spend years on end training for what is yet to come. classes have started and Marcus as eager to see what was in store for him, as he looked down at his time table he saw that he had mythic runes for his first lesson but he had no clue where anything was so he would walk up to the nearest person and ask for direction but the little voice inside him had arisen to tell him not to and just stick to himself but he had not heard this voice before so he didn’t, “excuse me, do you know where I have to go” says Marcus politely “depends what do you need help with?” says this female mage in a strikingly odd coloured robes which didn’t match the beautiful blond hair that was changing colours as she talked “Im Rebecca by the way”, “well Im Marcus and I need help finding my first class Im kind of new here” said Marcus “sure what class do you have” said Rebecca “ I think its called something like ancient runes or mythic runes or something” said Marcus “ahhhh mythic runes I can take you there after all it is the class that I have, what teacher do you have?” said Rebecca “ umm I think his name is professor tree bark or something but that’s what it says on my time table” said Marcus “that’s who I have we should sit together in class” said Rebecca “I would like that” said Marcus, so off they went on to class on the first day of school.

About half a year later from the start of school all was going well and Marcus hadn’t made many friends because as the times when by for some reason his skin seamed to get paler and paler and it just got him avoided until he could handle it no more, it was about half way through his second year in the hall of weaponry when the unthinkable happened, “what's wrong with you? What's wrong with you shrimp? Are you home sick? Do you want to you’re your parents? Where you’re your parents?” said the frightfully tall bully “don’t go there” said Marcus with a tinge of anger in his voice “are they dead shrimp? Did they di-” and before he could finish his sentence his feet lifted off the ground and then the bully shouted “what is going on? What are you doing? Put me down! I swear if you don't put me down I’ll.” Then when he saw the anger in Marcus’s eyes he had stoped but it was too late he was already hurtling towards one of the statues that surrounded him and before he could stop the bully was impaled through the chest by the sword that was sticking out, and then he heard people running toward the door to see what was going on, as they passed through the door the stood with aw at what Marcus had done.

Marcus had realise what he had done once he had calmed down and was ashamed of him self and at that moment he clapped his hands above his head and said lumanos and at that moment ball of fire had erupted around him and engulfed him and poof there was nothing but smoke left and Marcus had vanished, moments later the head master and the temple captains had walked in and the head masters jaw just plummeted “what happened here? Who did this?” said the head master “it was Marcus Malspiter one of the boys from the fire temple” said one of the temple captain “well where is he now” said the head master “we don’t know he used the lumanos spell and just disappeared” said one of the students “well we must not dilly dally, don’t the students have study to catch up on” said the head master at that moment every one had begun to leave the room in chatter.

It was at least 10 years before Marcus had resurfaced and the world as he knew it had changed missing people were all over the news, unexplained deaths and supposed kidnappings this was all the doing of Marcus but no one had suspected
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ourstories.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum